http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/dml/using_cql#paging-through-non-ordered-partitioner-results

You can use it to page through your rows.

Blake

On Jul 23, 2013, at 10:18 PM, Jimmy Lin wrote:

hi,
I want to fetch all the row keys of a table using CQL3:

e.g
select id from mytable limit 9999999

For this query, does the node need to wait for all rows return from all other nodes before returning the data to the client(I am using astyanax) ?
In other words, will this operation create a lot of load to the initial node receiving the request?

if my table is big, I have to make sure the limit is set to a big enough number, such that I can get all the result. Seems like I have to do a count(*) to be sure....
is there any alternative(always return all the rows)?

if my id is a timeuuid, is it better to  combine the result from couple of the following cql to obtain all keys?
e.g
select id from mytable where id t < minTimeuuid('2013-02-02 10:00+0000') limit 20000
+
select id from mytable where id t > maxTimeuuid('2013-02-02 10:00+0000') limit 20000

thanks