From HuS.Andy <hushansm...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: cassandra 1.2.5- virtual nodes (num_token) pros/cons?
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:05:24 GMT
Disadvantage, hadoop support is based on the token range, so maps may equals numtokens per
node *  nodes number.

Best Regards,Andy Hu(胡 珊)

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:25:11 -0400
Subject: cassandra 1.2.5- virtual nodes (num_token) pros/cons?
From: rashmi.aroskar@gmail.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

Hi,I am upgrading my cassandra cluster from 0.8 to 1.2.5.

In cassandra 1.2.5 the 'num_token' attribute confuses me.
I understand that it distributes multiple tokens per node but I am not clear how that is helpful
for performance or load balancing. Can anyone elaborate? has anyone used this feature  and
knows its advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks,
Rashmi