From Eric Marshall <emarsh...@pulsepoint.com>
Subject RE: Does cassandra recover from too many writes?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:34:27 GMT
Makes sense - I will confirm.
Thanks again for the help.

Cheers,
  Eric

From: Robert Coli [mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:53 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does cassandra recover from too many writes?

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Eric Marshall <emarshall@pulsepoint.com<mailto:emarshall@pulsepoint.com>>
wrote:

My  query: Should a Cassandra node be able to recover from too many writes on its own? And
if it can, what do I need to do to reach such a blissful state?

In general applications running within the JVM are unable to recover when the JVM Garbage
Collection process has failed in a catastrophic fashion. This is almost certainly the error
condition you are triggering, which is why your Cassandra node does not recover. To confirm
whether this is the case, enable more verbose GC logging and/or consult existing JVM GC log
messages in system.log.

=Rob