From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject hadoop/cassandra integration using CL_ONE...
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:33:48 GMT
Is it possible to use CL_ONE with hadoop/cassandra when doing an M/R job? And more importantly
is there a way to configure that such that if my RF=3, that it only reads from 1 of the nodes
in that 3.

We have 12 nodes and ideally we would for example hope M/R runs on
a2, a9, a5, a12 which happen to cover all token ranges.

This would leave a1, a3, a4, a6, a7, a8, a10, a11 to be free for the real-time work.

(That was just an example…obviously, I could pick another 4 nodes that cover all token ranges).

Thanks,
Dean