From "Langston, Jim" <Jim.Langs...@compuware.com>
Subject sstable size ?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:17:25 GMT
Hi all,

Is there a way to get an SSTable to a smaller size ? By this I mean that I
currently have an SSTable that is nearly 1.2G, so that subsequent SSTables
when they compact are trying to grow to that size. The result is that when
the min_compaction_threshold reaches it value and a compaction is needed,
the compaction is taking a long time as the file grows (it is currently at 52MB and
takes ~22s to compact).

I'm not sure how the SSTable initially grew to its current size of 1.2G, since the
servers have been up for a couple of years. I hadn't noticed until I just upgraded to 1.2.6,
but now I see it affects everything.

Jim