From "Langston, Jim" <Jim.Langs...@compuware.com>
Subject Re: alter column family ?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:25:42 GMT
Was just looking at a bug with uppercase , could that be the error ?

And, yes, definitely saved off the original system keyspaces.

I'm tailing the logs when running the cassandra-cli, but I do not
see anything in the logs ..

Jim

From: Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com<mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com>>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:07:55 -0700
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: alter column family ?

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Langston, Jim <Jim.Langston@compuware.com<mailto:Jim.Langston@compuware.com>>
wrote:
I went through the whole sequence again and now have gotten to the point of
being able to try and pull in the schema, but now getting this error from the one
node I'm executing on.
[default@unknown] create keyspace OTracker
9209ec36-3b3f-3e24-9dfb-8a45a5b29a2a
Waiting for schema agreement...
... schemas agree across the cluster
NotFoundException()

This is pretty unusual.

All the nodes see each other and are available, all only contain a system
schema, none have a OTracker schema

If you look in the logs for schema related stuff when you try to create OTracker, what do
you see?

Do you see the above UUID schema version in the logs?

At this point I am unable to suggest anything other than upgrading to the head of 1.1 line
and try to create your keyspace there. There should be no chance of old state being implicated
in your now stuck schema, so it seems likely that the problem has re-occured due to the version
of Cassandra you are running.

Sorry I am unable to be of more assistance and that my advice appears to have resulted in
your cluster being in worse condition than when you started. I probably mentioned but will
do so again that if you have the old system keyspace directories, you can stop cassandra on
all nodes and then revert to them.

=Rob