From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject column sort order and reversed sort performance question
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 13:02:40 GMT
We loaded 5 million columns into a single row and when accessing the first 30k and last 30k
columns we saw no performance difference.  We tried just loading 2 rows from the beginning
and end and saw no performance difference.  I am sure reverse sort is there for a reason though.
 In what context do you actually see a performance difference with reverse sort???

5 million columns took us a while to load into a single row(in fact, a bit slower than loading
10 million columns into 100 rows took on 4 node cluster) and we could load more if needed,
but we don't anticipate going beyond 10 million columns in a row at this point.

Thanks,
Dean