From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Pig load data with cassandrastorage and slice filter param
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:44:34 GMT
Not sure I understand the question. What was the command that failed?

Cheers

wrote:

> hi all
>
> I trying to load data from cassandra with slice params option but ther are  no much info
about how to use i. I found  only a quick reference in readme.txt in cassandra project  .../examples/pig

> Slices on columns can also be specified:
> grunt> rows = LOAD 'cassandra://MyKeyspace/MyColumnFamily?slice_start=C2&slice_end=C4&limit=1&reversed=true'
USING CassandraStorage();
> Binary values for slice_start and slice_end can be escaped such as '\u0255'
>

> I want to filter the initial load data by day o range dates and I only found this info
about cassandra and pig

> 	• http://rubyscale.com/blog/2011/03/06/basic-time-series-with-cassandra/
> 	• http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/advanced-time-series-with-cassandra
>

> I,m going  to try to do a test with  dummy data with Composite column Family like  anuniqueIDGenerate:timestamp
for example or  anuniqueIDGenerate:stringdate where date is a string with dornat YYY-MM-dd
for example

> Another option is use Supercolumn family by day for example ad try to use slice with
this feature

> Or another option is create a custom load cassandra but perhaps It´s more complex and
I could this features.