From Vivek Mishra <mishra.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Main method not found in class org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 06:47:02 GMT
Error: Main method not found in class
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon, please define the main method
as:
   public static void main(String[] args)

Hi,
I am getting this error. Earlier it was working fine for me, when i simply
downloaded the tarball installation and ran cassandra server. Recently i
did rpm package installation of Cassandra and which is working fine. But
somehow when i try to run it via originally extracted tar package. i am
getting:

*************************************
xss =  -ea
-javaagent:/home/impadmin/software/apache-cassandra-1.2.4//lib/jamm-0.2.5.jar
-XX:+UseThreadPriorities -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M
-Xmn256M -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xss180k
Error: Main method not found in class
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon, please define the main method
as:
   public static void main(String[] args)

I tried setting CASSANDRA_HOME directory, but no luck.

Error is bit confusing, Any suggestions???

-Vivek