From Martin Arrowsmith <arrowsmith.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Minimum CPU and RAM for Cassandra and Hadoop Cluster
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 00:16:16 GMT
Dear Cassandra experts,

I have an HP Proliant ML350 G8 server, and I want to put virtual
servers on it. I would like to put the maximum number of nodes
for a Cassandra + Hadoop cluster. I was wondering - what is the
minimum RAM and memory per node I that I need to have Cassandra + Hadoop
before the performance decreases are not worth the extra nodes?

Also, what is the suggested typical number of CPU cores / Node ? Would
it make sense to have 1 core / node ? Less than that ?

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks very much for your time!

Martin