From Haithem Jarraya <>
Subject Token Aware Routing: Routing Key Vs Composite Key with vnodes
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:54:51 GMT
Hi All,

I am a bit confused on how the underlying token aware routing is working in
the case of composite key.
Let's say I have a column family like this USERS( uuid userId, text
firstname, text lastname, int age, PRIMARY KEY(userId, firstname, lastname))

My question is do we need to have the values of the userId, firstName and
lastName available in the same time to create the token from the composite
key, or we can get the right token just by looking at the routing key

Looking at the datastax driver code, is a bit confusing, it seems that it
calculate the token only when all the values of a composite key is
available, or I am missing something?

View raw message