From Sávio Teles <savio.te...@lupa.inf.ufg.br>
Subject Re: cassandra 1.2.5- virtual nodes (num_token) pros/cons?
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:14:47 GMT
It is very useful to upgrade the apps perfomance.
For example, if you have a machine with X capacity, you can put the
num_token=256. If you add a machine in your cluster with (X*2) capacity you
can put the num_token=512.
So, this new machine will receive twice the load automatically.
Moreover, you can minimize how long a machine replacement is going to take
and will minimize the time to repair a disk failure.

Read the docs to more informations:
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/virtual-nodes-in-cassandra-1-2

Cheers!

--