From Baskar Duraikannu <baskar.duraikannu...@gmail.com>
Subject Quorum reads and response time
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:54:43 GMT
I have a 3 node cluster with RF=3.  All nodes are running. I have a table
with 39 rows and ~44,000 columns evenly spread across 39 rows.

When I do range slice query on this table with consistency of one, it
returns the data back in about  ~600 ms.  I tried the same from all of the
3 nodes,no matter which node I ran it from, queries were answered in 600 ms
for consistency level of one.

But when I run the same query with consistency level as Quorum, it is
taking ~2.3 seconds.  It feels as if querying of the nodes are in sequence.

Is this normal?

--
Regards,
Baskar Duraikannu