From Andrew Bialecki <andrew.biale...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lots of replicate on write tasks pending, want to investigate
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 21:43:34 GMT
Can someone remind me why replicate on write tasks might be related to the
high disk I/O? My understanding is the replicate on write involves sending
the update to other nodes, so it shouldn't involve any disk activity --
disk activity would be during the mutation/write phase.

The write path (not replicate on write) for counters involves a read, so
that explains the high disk I/O, but for that I'd expect to see many write
requests pending (which we see a bit), but not replicate on writes backing
up. What am I missing?

Andrew