From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: alter column family ?
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 17:26:45 GMT
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Langston, Jim
<Jim.Langston@compuware.com>wrote:

>  I am trying to alter a column family to change gc_grace_seconds, and
> now,
> any of the properties
>
>  The sequence:
>
>  use ks ;
> alter table CF with gc_grace_seconds=864000 ;
>
>  When listing the CF, gc_grace_seconds is set to 0, after
> running the CLI, gc_grace_seconds is still set to 0.
>
>  I tried change the comment property, but this did not
> change either.
>
>  Using the same keyspace, I created another table
> and executed both the gc_grace_seconds change and
> the comments change. Both of these successfully changed.

I'm surprised to hear that other columnfamilies work in the same keyspace.
In general when people end up in this case, no schema migrations work.

If you do :

nodetool -h localhost netstats |grep SCHEMA |sort | uniq -c | sort -n

Do you see that all nodes in the cluster have the same schema version?

What version of Cassandra?

=Rob