From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Migrating data from 2 node cluster to a 3 node cluster
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 17:31:18 GMT
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Ananth Gundabattula <
agundabattula@threatmetrix.com> wrote:

> The thread below makes me wonder "Does RF matter when using sstable
loader.?"  My assumption was that stable loader will take care of RF when
the streaming is done but just wanted to cross check. We are currently
moving data from a RF=1 to RF=3 cluster by using sstable loader tool. We
will of course be running repair on the destination nodes but was wondering
how is the following issue resolved using a repair if my understanding is
wrong?

sstableloader does in fact stream to all endpoints. That's why it's
valuable that it has an --ignores option : if you successfully streamed to
2/3 replicas and 1/3 failed, you can --ignores the 2 which completed.

=Rob