From Robert Coli <>
Subject Re: Dynamic Snitch and EC2MultiRegionSnitch
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 22:51:37 GMT
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Daning Wang <> wrote:

> How does dynamic snitch work with EC2MultiRegionSnitch? Can dynamic
> routing only happen in one data center? We don't wan to have the requests
> routed to another center even nodes are idle in other side since the
> network could be slow.

My presumption is that it works the same way as all other wrapped snitches
and does not consider data center locality unless you are for example using
LOCAL_QUORUM. But logically, if it's faster to ask the remote DC than local
nodes, why not do so? Put another way, the dynamic snitch considers that
"the network could be slow" because from its perspective that condition
looks like any other reason for the last request to be slow.

View raw message