From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Does cassandra recover from too many writes?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 16:52:44 GMT
On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Eric Marshall <emarshall@pulsepoint.com>wrote:

> My  query: Should a Cassandra node be able to recover from too many writes
> on its own? And if it can, what do I need to do to reach such a blissful
> state?

In general applications running within the JVM are unable to recover when
the JVM Garbage Collection process has failed in a catastrophic fashion.
This is almost certainly the error condition you are triggering, which is
why your Cassandra node does not recover. To confirm whether this is the
case, enable more verbose GC logging and/or consult existing JVM GC log
messages in system.log.

=Rob