From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: CorruptBlockException - recover?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 17:06:30 GMT
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:04 AM, ifjke <j.kesten@enercast.de> wrote:

> I found that one of my cassandra nodes died recently (machine hangs). I
> restarted the node an run a nodetool repair, while running it has thrown a
> org.apache.cassandra.io.**compress.**CorruptBlockException. Is there any
> way to recover from this? Or would it be best to delete the nodes contents
> and bootstrap it again?

If you "scrub" this SSTable (either with the online or offline version of
"scrub") it will remove the corrupt data and re-write the rest of the
SSTable which isn't corrupt into a new SSTable. That is probably safer for
your data than deleting the entire set of data on this replica. When that's
done, restart the repair.

=Rob