From Robert Coli <>
Subject Re: CorruptBlockException
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 17:08:30 GMT
On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Glenn Thompson <> wrote:
> I'm Glenn Thompson and new to Cassandra.  I have been trying to figure out
> how to recover from a CorruptBlockException.
> One of my nodes must have a hardware problem.  Although I've been unable to
> find anything wrong via logs, smart, or mce.
> The repair, scrub, and decommission all produced Exceptions related to the
> same few corrupt files.

Hardware problem sounds relatively likely, especially if you have not
crashed your nodes. Only other thing I can think of is an issue with
the relationship of the compression library and the JVM. What JVM/JDK
are you using, and what compression method is in use on the Column

In general the actions you took were reasonable. Do you have the full
stack trace?

View raw message