From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: CorruptBlockException
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 17:08:30 GMT
On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Glenn Thompson <gatman1001@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm Glenn Thompson and new to Cassandra.  I have been trying to figure out
> how to recover from a CorruptBlockException.
> One of my nodes must have a hardware problem.  Although I've been unable to
> find anything wrong via logs, smart, or mce.
> The repair, scrub, and decommission all produced Exceptions related to the
> same few corrupt files.

Hardware problem sounds relatively likely, especially if you have not
crashed your nodes. Only other thing I can think of is an issue with
the relationship of the compression library and the JVM. What JVM/JDK
are you using, and what compression method is in use on the Column
Family?

In general the actions you took were reasonable. Do you have the full
stack trace?

=Rob