From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: alter column family ?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:43:43 GMT
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Langston, Jim
<Jim.Langston@compuware.com>wrote:

>  Are the schema's held somewhere else ? Going through the
> process that you sent, when I restart the nodes, the original
> schema's show up

If you do not stop all nodes at once and then remove the system CFs, the
existing schema will re-propogate via Gossip.

To be clear, I was suggesting that you dump the schema with cassandra-cli,
erase the current schema with the cluster down, bring the cluster back up
(NOW WITH NO SCHEMA) and then load the schema from the dump via
cassandra-cli.

Also, in case I didn't mention it before, you should upgrade your version
of Cassandra ASAP. :)

=Rob