From Kalpana Suraesh <>
Subject deleting columns with CAS (2.0.0-beta2)
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:07:13 GMT

I've been playing around with CAS (compare-and-swap) in the 2.0 beta, using
the Thrift API. I can't at all figure out how to delete columns while using
CAS, however. I'm able to update/insert columns by adding them to the list
of updates that is passed as a parameter to
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra.Client#cas(). But there seems to be
no indication as to how to delete.

I presume it can be done because conditional deletes work through CQL3.
However, I'm interested in using Hector/Java (particularly as CQL3 does not
yet allow batched conditional statements).

Any help would be great!

View raw message