From William Oberman <ober...@civicscience.com>
Subject dependencies for cassandra's pig integration?
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:02:11 GMT
I'm using AWS's EMR (hadoop as a service), and one step copies some data
from EMR -> my cassandra cluster.  I used to patch EMR with pig 0.11, but
now AWS officially supports 0.11, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I was
having issues.  The AWS forum on it is here:
https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=131212

But the crux seems to be: I need to have pig.jar on the hadoop classpath,
and AWS doesn't install it there. (/home/hadoop/lib is where all hadoop
lib's live, and amazon installs pig into /home/hadoop/lib/pig).  Does this
make sense, or not?

will