From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Main method not found in class org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:07:42 GMT
Something is messed up in your install.  Can you try scrubbing the install and restarting ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/07/2013, at 6:47 PM, Vivek Mishra <mishra.vivs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Error: Main method not found in class org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon, please
define the main method as:
>    public static void main(String[] args)
>
> Hi,
> I am getting this error. Earlier it was working fine for me, when i simply downloaded
the tarball installation and ran cassandra server. Recently i did rpm package installation
of Cassandra and which is working fine. But somehow when i try to run it via originally extracted
tar package. i am getting:

> xss =  -ea -javaagent:/home/impadmin/software/apache-cassandra-1.2.4//lib/jamm-0.2.5.jar
-XX:+UseThreadPriorities -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -Xmn256M -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-Xss180k