From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: deleting columns with CAS (2.0.0-beta2)
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 07:58:09 GMT
> I presume it can be done because conditional deletes work through CQL3.
Out of interest where do you have an example or a reference for this?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/07/2013, at 8:07 AM, Kalpana Suraesh <ks4001@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with CAS (compare-and-swap) in the 2.0 beta, using the Thrift
API. I can't at all figure out how to delete columns while using CAS, however. I'm able to
update/insert columns by adding them to the list of updates that is passed as a parameter
to org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra.Client#cas(). But there seems to be no indication
as to how to delete.

> I presume it can be done because conditional deletes work through CQL3. However, I'm
interested in using Hector/Java (particularly as CQL3 does not yet allow batched conditional
statements).