From <ANAND_BALARA...@homedepot.com>
Subject Exception while writing compsite column names
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:11:12 GMT
Hi

I have an issue while inserting a composite column name to one of the Cassandra column families.
Below is a detailed description of what I had done and stuck up at.
Please let me know where I had went wrong.

Requirement:
------------------
       Rowkey        ->     RowIdString
       Column name   ->     TEXT1 : value1 : TEXT2 : value2 : TEXT3
       Column value ->     value3

Column family definition:
-------------------------------
                create column family CompositeColumnNameTest
       WITH comparator='CompositeType(UTF8Type,UTF8Type,UTF8Type,UTF8Type,UTF8Type)'
       AND key_validation_class=UTF8Type
       WITH compression_options={sstable_compression:SnappyCompressor, chunk_length_kb:64};

Code:
--------
                String RowIdString = "1234";

       Composite composite = new Composite();
       composite.addComponent("TEXT1", StringSerializer.get());
       composite.addComponent("value1", StringSerializer.get());
       composite.addComponent("TEXT2", StringSerializer.get());
       composite.addComponent("value3", StringSerializer.get());
       composite.addComponent("TEXT3", StringSerializer.get());

       Column column = new Column(composite.serialize());
       column.setValue("value3".getBytes());
       column.setTimestamp(System.currentTimeMillis());

       // push data to cassandra
       batchMutate.addInsertion(RowIdString, "CompositeColumnNameTest", column);
       keyspaceServiceImpl.batchMutate(batchMutate);

Exception:
-------------
me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException: InvalidRequestException(why:Not
enough bytes to read value of component 0)
       at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.translate(ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.java:45)
       at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$1.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:97)
       at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$1.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:90)
       at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.Operation.executeAndSetResult(Operation.java:103)
       at me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailover(HConnectionManager.java:258)
       at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.operateWithFailover(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:131)

Thanks in advance
-Anand