From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Custom commands in cassandra
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:32:38 GMT
>  My reasons to merge the app
> into cassandra's code is to gain speed so I will be running only one
> java vm process along multiple cores inside a node.
Have you identified issues where throughput or latency is an issue ?
Most performance gains are going to be made by getting the data model right.

Embedding the server will add *a lot* of complexity.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/07/2013, at 9:35 AM, Radim Kolar <hsn@filez.com> wrote:

> basic osgi integration is easy
>
> you need to get osgi compatible container and hookup it to cassandra daemon. Its very
easy to do - about 5 lines.
> osgi container can be accessed from network, you need to deploy your application into
container on each node and start it up. Then use some RPC mechanism like thrift or JMS for
communication with server part of your application.