From Ben Boule <Ben_Bo...@rapid7.com>
Subject Determining Snitch at Runtime
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:41:36 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if the answer to this question is out there, I can't seem to find it by searching.

Is there a way to read the endpoint_snitch at runtime, preferably from a CQL query, but fine
if it's available through an older API?   (Or JMX?)

We're automating creating clusters & provisioning our schema appropriately into them,
it'd be great if the provisioning program could figure this out once it connected to the cluster
before creating keyspaces.  Right now we are having to track a maze of parameters to make
sure that the cluster gets created with the right snitch, and then that we can pass a parameter
into the provisioning program to tell it which topology strategy to use.

Thank you,
Ben
This electronic message contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission
in error, please notify us by e-mail at (postmaster@rapid7.com) immediately.