From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Logging Cassandra Reads/Writes
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 00:06:05 GMT
Some info on request tracing http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/tracing-in-cassandra-1-2

> 1) Is it possible to log which node provides the real data in a read
> operation?
It's available at the DEBUG level of logging. You probably just want to enable it on the org.apache.cassandra.db.StorageProxy
class, see log4j-server.properties for info

> 2) Also, is it possible to log the different delays involved in each
> operation-- for example, 0.1 seconds to get digests from all nodes, 1 second
> to transfer data, etc.?
Not Applicable as you've seen, we request to all replicas at the same time. There is more
logging that will show when the responses are processed, try turning DEBUG logging on for
a small 3 node cluster and send one request.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand