From Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>
Subject Re: How many DCs can you have in a cluster?
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 19:23:03 GMT
Yes, there's going to be a lot of replicas in total, but the replication factor will be 3 in
each DC.  Will it still be an issue?

Blair

On Jul 12, 2013, at 10:58 AM, sankalp kohli <kohlisankalp@gmail.com> wrote:

> More than the DC, I think you will be bound  by number of replicas. I dont know how it
will work in case of 10-20 replication factor specially for range queries.

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Blair Zajac <blair@orcaware.com> wrote:
>> In this C* Summit 2013 talk titled "A Deep Dive Into How Cassandra Resolves Inconsistent
Data" [1], Jason Brown of Netflix mentions that they have 5 data centers  in the same cluster,
two in the US, one in Europe, one in Brazil and one in Asia (I'm going from memory now since
I don't want to watch the video again).