From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working with libcql
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:03:11 GMT
On 2013-07-09 11:46, Shubham Mittal wrote:
> yeah I tried that and below is the output I get
>
> LOG: resolving remote host localhost:9160

libcql is an implementation for the "new binary transport protocol":
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/native_protocol.spec;hb=refs/heads/cassandra-1.2

It is not a thrift transport.

By default it uses the 9042 port.  You'll have to activate it on the
server. Write (or uncomment) "start_native_transport: true" in
conf/cassandra.yaml.

According to the posted log, you connect to the thrift transport port,
9160. As you send a frame of the new transport protocol to the old
thrift protocol, the server does not understand it and closes your
connection.

Regards,
Sorin