From MichaƂ Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Restart node => hinted handoff flood
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 06:33:58 GMT
My blind guess is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5179

In our case the only sensible solution was to pause hints delivery and
disable storing them (both done with a nodetool: pausehandoff and
disablehandoff). Once they TTL'd (3 hours by default I believe?) I
turned HH on again and started to repair. However, problem has returned
on the next day, so I had to do a quick C* upgrade with the version
having this patch applied (we use a "self-built" 1.2.1 with a few
additional patches applied).

M.