From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: increasing replication level in live DC
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:55:34 GMT
background http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Replication

Try:
* Assuming you are on CL one now, there should be little impact.
* to reduce impact set read repair chance on the CF's to 0
* check the stream throughput and compaction throughput in yaml, assume you have
* increase the RF
* run repair -pr on one node at a time.
* set read repair chance to 0.1 or keep it disabled if you want to
* change your CL

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 20/07/2013, at 8:34 PM, Chris Wirt <chris.wirt@struq.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to increase the replication level in one of our datacenters from 1 to 2. This
DC is live, so thought I'd do the right thing and email users, instead of cowboying it.

> It is a small DC with just 3 nodes, tonnes of space and quite strict latency requirements.
We are running 1.2.4 with vnodes and whole load of tweaks to make reads as fast as possible.