From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: funnel analytics, how to query for reports etc.
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 05:12:42 GMT
> Too bad Rainbird isn't open sourced yet!
It's been 2 years, I would not hold your breath.

Remembered there are two time series open source projects out there
https://github.com/deanhiller/databus
https://github.com/Pardot/Rhombus

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 24/07/2013, at 4:00 AM, S Ahmed <sahmed1020@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Aaron.
>
> Too bad Rainbird isn't open sourced yet!
>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 4:48 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> For background on rollup analytics:
>
> Twitter Rainbird  http://www.slideshare.net/kevinweil/rainbird-realtime-analytics-at-twitter-strata-2011
> Acunu http://www.acunu.com/
>
> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Cassandra Consultant
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 22/07/2013, at 1:03 AM, Vladimir Prudnikov <v.prudnikov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This can be done easily,
> >
> > Use normal column family to store the sequence of events where key is session #ID
identifying one use interaction with a website, column names are TimeUUID values and column
value id of the event (do not write something like "user added product to shopping cart",
something shorter identifying this event).

> > Then you can use counter column family to store counters, you can count anything,
number of sessions, total number of events, number of particular events etc. One row per day
for example. Then you can retrieve this row and calculate all required %.