From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Pig load data with cassandrastorage and slice filter param
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:35:32 GMT
It's easier for people to help if you can give an example of your Column Family, what have
tried, what the output was and what you expected.

> > grunt> rows = LOAD 'cassandra://MyKeyspace/MyColumnFamily?slice_start=C2&slice_end=C4&limit=1&reversed=true'
USING CassandraStorage();
Appears to be syntactically correct.

Cheers

wrote:

> hi A:
>
> Thank you for responding to my e-mail.
>
> Sorry if i did not express my questions/doubts well.
>
> I try to use the slice feature with CassandraStorage LOAD but I do not  know how to do
it. I cannot  find any detailed documentation about it.

> I found only the  references in my last mail.
>
> Yet i don run any command  because I dont know if Composite  column Family the best solution
to load data filtering range by day, or define supercolumns  and how this will work  with
cassandraStorage-Slice LOADS in PIG and how to create the LOAD statment with slice in cassandraStorage.
So I am working  trial and error  method at this develop.

> I will appreciate any help or example how I must define cassandra data CF for filter
by day (composite CF with timestamp or string  with format YYY-MM-dd  or super column, or
any other feature) and  Pig example  that load cassandra data with slice feature.

> Thanks in advance
>

> 2013/7/17 aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
> Not sure I understand the question. What was the command that failed?
>
> Cheers

wrote:

> > hi all
> >
> > I trying to load data from cassandra with slice params option but ther are  no much
info about how to use i. I found  only a quick reference in readme.txt in cassandra project
 .../examples/pig

> > Slices on columns can also be specified:
> > grunt> rows = LOAD 'cassandra://MyKeyspace/MyColumnFamily?slice_start=C2&slice_end=C4&limit=1&reversed=true'
USING CassandraStorage();
> > Binary values for slice_start and slice_end can be escaped such as '\u0255'
> >

> > I want to filter the initial load data by day o range dates and I only found this
info about cassandra and pig

> >       • http://rubyscale.com/blog/2011/03/06/basic-time-series-with-cassandra/
> >       • http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/advanced-time-series-with-cassandra
> >

> > I,m going  to try to do a test with  dummy data with Composite column Family like
 anuniqueIDGenerate:timestamp for example or  anuniqueIDGenerate:stringdate where date is
a string with dornat YYY-MM-dd for example