From Jon Ribbens <jon-cassan...@unequivocal.co.uk>
Subject Re: CQL and undefined columns
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:32:57 GMT
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 02:21:52PM +0200, Alain RODRIGUEZ wrote:
>    I like to point to this article from Sylvain, which is really well
>    written.
>    http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/thrift-to-cql3

Ah, thankyou, it looks like a combination of multi-column "PRIMARY KEY"
and use of collections may well suffice for what I want. I must admit
that I did not find any of this particularly obvious from the CQL
documentation.

By the way, http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql3/CQL.html#createTableStmt
says "A table with COMPACT STORAGE must also define at least one
clustering key", which seems to contradict definition 2 in the
thrift-to-cql3 document you pointed me to.