From Jon Ribbens <jon-cassan...@unequivocal.co.uk>
Subject CQL and undefined columns
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:47:03 GMT
I thought that part of the point of Cassandra was that, unlike a
standard relational database, each row does not have to have the same
set of columns. I don't understand how this squares with CQL. If I want
to have a table ("column family"?) with a few fixed columns that are
relevant to every row, I can create that with CQL's CREATE TABLE, but
if I then want to set extra columns with arbitrary names on various
rows, how do I tell CQL what type those columns are? Or is this
feature of Cassandra now deprecated?