From "cbertu81@libero.it" <cbert...@libero.it>
Subject CL1 and CLQ with 5 nodes cluster and 3 alives node
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 05:02:55 GMT
Hi all,
I'm experiencing some problems after 3 years of cassandra in production (from
0.6 to 1.0.6) -- for 2 times in 3 weeks 2 nodes crashed with OutOfMemory
Exception.
In the log I can read the warn about the few heap available ... now I'm
increasing a little bit my RAM, my Java Heap (1/4 of the RAM) and reducing the
size of rows and memtables thresholds. Other tips?

Now a question -- why with 2 nodes offline all my application stop providing
the service, even when a Consistency Level One read is invoked?
I'd expected this behaviour:

CL1 operations keep working
more than 80% of CLQ operations working (nodes offline where 2 and 5 in a
clockwise key distribution only writes to fifth node should impact to node 2)
most of all CLALL operations (that I don't use) failing

The situation instead was that I had ALL services stop responding throwing a
TTransportException ...

Thanks in advance

Carlo