From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Intresting issue with getting Order By to work...
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 03:28:46 GMT
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback. I had heard about this in regards to CQL created table not being
visible to CLI but have not seen any examples of setting up CQL "table" to be visible by CLI.

Best Regards,
-Tony

________________________________
 From: Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com>
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>; Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: Intresting issue with getting Order By to work...

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com> wrote:

As I work more with CQL and CLI as some other posting I have seen regarding usage I am thinking
that CLI for keyspace and Column Family setup and maintenance is best
> while CQL for queries/inserts ect is best. Mainly I am thinking this because of better
control over the schema using CLI.

The question is not really CQL vs CLI, it's COMPACT STORAGE vs. (NON-COMPACT) CQL storage.
Picking one or the other strongly informs whether you want to also use Thrift or CQL (respectively)
as an interface.

=Rob