From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Recordset capabilities...
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:47:57 GMT
Thanks Sylvain for answering the question from a Cassandra perspective.

I will use Datastax forum where appropiate. I have gone live with Cassandra so I will not
be bringing these things up anymore I hope.

Best Regards,
-Tony

________________________________
 From: Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com>
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>; Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: Recordset capabilities...

Yes, currently the resultSet will contain all the rows, there is no "fetch size" supported.
This will change soon however since Cassandra 2.0 has some "paging" support at the protocol
level and the driver will make use of that. But that won't be before 2.0.

As an aside, this kind of question about the Datastax Java driver belong in the driver mailing
lists (java-driver-user@lists.datastax.com, you can register directly at mailing.lists.datastax.com),
not this list.

--
Sylvain

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi All,

>I am using the Datastax native client for Cassandra and have a question. Does the resultset
contain all the Rows? On a JDBC driver there is this concept of fetch record size. I do not
seem to think Datastax did that in their implementation but that probably is not a requirement.