From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cassandra performance tuning...
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:20:51 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to compare Cassandra to another relational database. I am getting around 2-3msec
response time using Datastax driver, Java 1.7.0_05 64-bit jre and the other database is under
500 microseconds for the jdbc SQL preparedStatement execute.. One of the major differences
is Cassandra uses text for the default primary key in the Column family and the SQL table
I use int which is faster. Can the primary column family key data type be changed to a int?
I also know Casandra uses varint for IntegerType and not sure that will be what I need but
I will try it if I can change "key" column to that. If I try Int32Type for the primary key
I suspect I will need to reload the data after that change.

I have looked at the default Java Options in the Cassandra bat file and they seem a good starting
point but I am just starting to tune now that I can get Column Family caching to work.

Regards,
-Tony