From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CQL and IN
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 13:24:18 GMT
Thanks Petrov I will read what you sent a link to. I am trying to find out what capability
CQL wise is truely available in order to determine my end state for my data model.

Last night after I discovered the cashing issues that affected queries I was able to create
two queries one to get a list of ids then from that built up the IN list for the second query
to get detail data from a master column family. Prevously in SQL Server I would use one query
using IN and nested select. Hopefully tonight I will be able to compare the performance of
the two.

Regards,
-Tony

From: Oleksandr Petrov <oleksandr.petrov@gmail.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2013 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: CQL and IN

Hi Tony, you can check out a guide here: http://clojurecassandra.info/articles/kv.html which
explains pretty most of things you need to know about queries for starters.

It includes CQL code examples, just disregard Clojure ones, there's nothing strictly Clojure-driver
specific in that guide.

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Rui Vieira <ruidevieira@googlemail.com> wrote:

You can use the actual item_ids however,

>Select * from items Where item_id IN (1, 2, 3, ..., n)
>

>On 4 July 2013 23:16, Rui Vieira <ruidevieira@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>CQL does not support sub-queries.
>>

>>On 4 July 2013 22:53, Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>I am using the DataStax driver and got prepared to work. When I tried to use the
"IN" keyword with a SQL it did not work. According to DataStax IN should work.

--
alex p