From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Query problem resolved...
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2013 01:08:38 GMT
Hi All,

Had problems with prepared statements not working with Datastax driver and JDBC driver. I
discovered that when changing indexes yoy need to change column family caching from All to
None then back again. Problem is sometimes CLI crashes when you do that and you need to run
it again. I think I also had to restart Cassandra also. There was someone saying they were
having intermittant problems with queries and Cassandra and now I think I know why. Also,
when changing from IntegerType to Int32Type ran into indexoutofbounds issue when getting rows
from resultset. Once I changed back to IntegerType I was fine. I suspect when I loaded up
data as IntegerType it caused the problem with retrieving the rows.

Took me a couple of evenings to get this figured out but now I have to deside about my data
model before I start converting databases to Cassandra. I have around seven to do and will
check statibility for each one at a time by runnng one several weeks before converting another.

Regards,
Tony