From Carlos Rolo <c.r...@ocom.com>
Subject Added nodes to cluster, authentication stopped working
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 13:55:15 GMT
Hi all,

I have a Cassandra Cluster running and we recently duplicated the cluster.

After following all the steps, the cassandra clients started failing with the following message:

"AuthenticationException(why='Username and/or password are incorrect')"

The problem is that even I can't login to the CQL shell and check the users, since it says
(even with the correct username/password) that 'You have to be logged in and not anonymous
to perform this request'.

When I created the Cluster I disabled the 'cassandra' superuser and now I can't do anything
on my Cluster.

Is there any method to reset a user and/or password, or recreate a new superuser??

Otherwise I need to drop all the data from the cluster... Since even disabling authentication
and authorization my clients give errors writting data.