From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: funnel analytics, how to query for reports etc.
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:48:16 GMT
For background on rollup analytics:

Twitter Rainbird  http://www.slideshare.net/kevinweil/rainbird-realtime-analytics-at-twitter-strata-2011
Acunu http://www.acunu.com/

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 22/07/2013, at 1:03 AM, Vladimir Prudnikov <v.prudnikov@gmail.com> wrote:

> This can be done easily,
>
> Use normal column family to store the sequence of events where key is session #ID identifying
one use interaction with a website, column names are TimeUUID values and column value id of
the event (do not write something like "user added product to shopping cart", something shorter
identifying this event).

> Then you can use counter column family to store counters, you can count anything, number
of sessions, total number of events, number of particular events etc. One row per day for
example. Then you can retrieve this row and calculate all required %.