From Rahul Gupta <rgu...@dekaresearch.com>
Subject InvalidRequestException(why:Not enough bytes to read value of component 0)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:14:25 GMT
Getting error while trying to persist data in a Column Family having a CompositeType comparator

Using Cassandra ver 1.1.9.7
Hector Core ver 1.1.5 API ( which uses Thrift 1.1.10)

Created Column Family using cassandra-cli:

create column family event_counts
with comparator = 'CompositeType(DateType,UTF8Type)'
and key_validation_class = 'UUIDType'
and default_validation_class = 'CounterColumnType';

Persistence Code(sumLoad.java):

import me.prettyprint.cassandra.serializers.StringSerializer;
import me.prettyprint.cassandra.serializers.DateSerializer;
import me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.CassandraHostConfigurator;
import me.prettyprint.hector.api.Cluster;
import me.prettyprint.hector.api.Keyspace;
import me.prettyprint.hector.api.beans.Composite;
import me.prettyprint.hector.api.beans.HCounterColumn;
import me.prettyprint.hector.api.factory.HFactory;
import me.prettyprint.hector.api.mutation.Mutator;
import java.sql.Date;
import java.util.logging.Level;

            public class sumLoad {

                final static Cluster cluster = HFactory.getOrCreateCluster("Dev", new CassandraHostConfigurator("100.10.0.6:9160"));
                final static Keyspace keyspace = HFactory.createKeyspace("Events", cluster);
                final static StringSerializer ss = StringSerializer.get();

                private boolean storeCounts(String vKey, String counterCF, Date dateStr, String
vStr, long value)
                {
                            try
                            {
                       Mutator<String> m1 = HFactory.createMutator(keyspace, StringSerializer.get());

                       Composite ts = new Composite();
                       ts.addComponent(dateStr, DateSerializer.get());
                       ts.addComponent(vStr, StringSerializer.get());
                       HCounterColumn<String> hColumn_ts = HFactory.createCounterColumn(ts.toString(),
value, StringSerializer.get());

                       m1.insertCounter(vKey, counterCF, hColumn_ts);
                       m1.execute();
                       return true;
                            }
                            catch(Exception ex)
                            {
                                        LOGGER.log(Level.WARNING, "Unable to store record",
ex);
                            }
                            return false;
                }

                        Date vDate = new Date(0);
                        sumLoad SumLoad = new sumLoad();
SumLoad.storeCounts("b9874e3e-4a0e-4e60-ae23-c3f1e575af93", "event_counts", vDate, "StoreThisString",
673);
                }

            }

Error:

[main] INFO me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.JmxMonitor - Registering JMX me.prettyprint.cassandra.service_Dev:ServiceType=hector,MonitorType=hector
Unable to store record
me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException: InvalidRequestException(why:Not
enough bytes to read value of component 0)

Rahul Gupta
This e-mail and the information, including any attachments, it contains are intended to be
a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

This e-mail and the information, including any attachments, it contains are intended to be
a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

Thank you.