From "Christopher Wirt" <chris.w...@struq.com>
Subject JMX Latency stats
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:27:10 GMT
I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the JMX latency stats
and could enlighten me.

We've been looking the column family specific stats and see really lovely <
3ms 99th percentile stats for all our families.

org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ColumnFamily,keyspace=mykeyspace,scope=myc
olumnfamily,name=ReadLatency

Now, when we look at the overall client request read latency stats we see a
far more inconsistent jagged 99th percentile flying between 5ms - 80ms

org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ClientRequest,scope=Read,name=Latency

Thanks

Chris