Hi-

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Darren Smythe <darren1482@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is "setting live ratio to minimum of 1.0 instead of X" supposed to be rare?
> Because were getting it fairly consistently.

Do you have working JNA? If so, my understanding is that message
should be relatively rare..

We recently tried a 8 xlarge node cluster instead of just 4 xlarge instances, keeping the number of clients the same as before. But were still seeing a lot of "setting live ratio" and "flush up to the two largest memtables" messages alot. The compaction queues still seem congested also.

Theere's also alot of dropped MUTATION messages --- 13,000,000 Completed in Mutation Stage, 100,000 Dropped

THe inserts are now about 11k/second, up slightly from 10k/second with 4 nodes.

Another missing piece may be that each column has a 1-2k blob as a value. The value is binary now, but were moving to json later.

TIA
--Darren

./src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/Memtable.java
"
              double newRatio = (double) deepSize / currentSize.get();

                    if (newRatio < MIN_SANE_LIVE_RATIO)
                    {
                        logger.warn("setting live ratio to minimum of
{} instead of {}", MIN_SANE_LIVE_RATIO, newRatio);
                        newRatio = MIN_SANE_LIVE_RATIO;
                    }
"

=Rob