Hi,

Cassandra is heavily multithreaded. If the load demands it will make use of your 8 cores.

I dont know the startup code, but I would assume it would be parallelized if neccessary/possible. Afaik there were optimizations already made to reduce the startup time. Therefore I would assume any optimizations left would not be so easy.

cheers,
Christian Spriegel