On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Nimi Wariboko Jr <nimiwaribokoj@gmail.com> wrote:
If I had to do a repair after upping the RF, than that is probably what caused the data loss. Wish I had been more careful.

I'm guessing the data is irrevocably lost, I didn't make any any snapshots.

Would it be possible to figure out if only a certain part of the ring was effected? That would be helpful in figuring out what data was lost.

I've done a full repair now, so I'm also guessing that inconsistent data is now completely gone as well, right?

Cassandra doesn't remove data automatically (partially to help prevent data loss in cases like this).  The original node will still have the full set of data unless you have run a cleanup operation (nodetool cleanup) on it.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax